Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting What You Deserve

Notes From The Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick
Page 215

I am now 3/4 done with my book but I think that the main character Alex still has more conflict to come. During his sentence of 100 hours at a nursing home, Alex decided to put on a small concert for the patients there with the help of some friends. He believed that he played awful and was embarrased about the show. Sol, (the grumpy old man that Alex is sentenced to visit) set up another concert for Alex to play in without him knowing it. Knowing that Sol is an old jazz musician, I think that the two will work together so that Alex won't embarass himself a second time. Sol probably had the situation planned out the whole time because he wants Alex to be great at playing the guitar and enjoying the music. Sol tends to be a grumpy old man but he means well, which i think Alex will soon discover. I think that they will both overcome their stubbornness and learn to deal with each other... maybe even like each other. Have you ever been in a situation where you became friends with an elder after not liking them at first?

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

I think most old people are disagreeable at first. I think that most of them have seen it all before and are used to people coming and going, so it's harder to crack that shell. But, I also think that many older people are searching for someone to connect with, especially at nursing homes.