Friday, February 8, 2008

Intro To The Book

Notes From Imani All Mine, By: Connie Porter
Pages 1-33

At first I didn't like the book because its not written in proper english and has a lot of slang words in it and I don't like books like that. For example "I was watching Mama nem in the kitchen". At the begininng of the book Tasha (the main character) is trying to hide her prengnacy from her mother because she doesn't want to get in troble. She hid it for almost five months. Until one day when Tasha was getting dressed for school her mother came in her room, saw her stomach and knew right away that she was pregnante. She then started to hit her and ask her who's the baby's daddy. If you were Tasha what would you do, tell your mother right away or try and hide it for as long as you can?



1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

I don't know, but that's got to be a tough situation all around. I found it funny how the parents in that Juno trailer reacted to the situation.