Friday, February 8, 2008

Never Underestimate

Notes From The Midnight Driver Jordan Sonnenblick
finished with book

I am now finished with my book. Overall I think that this was a good book because i enjoyed the authors humorous style. I tend to judge a book by it's cover so the story was better than what my first impressions were. The author dosent say that he is making a sequel to this book but I think he will. He left some things unexplained and it seems that it would be easy to create a sequel. In the end, the old man Sol dies of pneumonia, which is expected to happen throughout the book. But, he dosen't explain how him and his best friend are or if his parents are going to get remarried. I think that if he continues this story, Alex and his best friend Laurie will start dating. This book helps you understand older peoples actions better. In the book Sol might be sad because he was thinking of bad memories from the past or that someone underestimated him. This happens to most older people and it affects thier mood. Older people have expiereinced things that we haven't but alot of people see elders as cripples who have done nothing their whole life. They see them as weak and usless individuals. This book helped me to realize all the great things that our elders have done even though they may not be capable to do it now. Have you ever had an expierience where you underestimate someone because of their current disabilities?

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Great discussion question, Sara. I think it is especially important because of our students in the community based program. Anyone have any experiences like Sara is mentioning?