Thursday, January 17, 2008

Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick

Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick
Page 1 - Page 144

My impressions of this book so far is that it is interesting. This book didnt start out really boring like most books do when they explain the characters and the plot. In this book the author gets right into the story. The story is about a high school kid who gets drunk for the first time and drives his mothers car to go talk to his dad, who is getting a divorce from his mom. After he crashes the car onto someones lawn, he is sentenced to serve 100 hours at a nursing home and accompany the grumpiest old man there. I think my favorite part of the story is how the author throws in some humor anywhere he can, especially criticizing pretty much everyone in the book. The author never uses a very serious tone and seems to be optomistic about everything, except the fact that he hated to go see the old man at first. Jordan Sonnenblick has a unique writing style that i seem to enjoy which has kept my interest in this book so far.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

I love narrators with a sense of humor. I am reading a book right now (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer) that is making me realize just how important an interesting narrator is to telling a good story.