Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Assessment - Indy Reading Project - December

Clare - 4/5 Responses (let's publish that last one)
Clare, I'm going to say that your second response is your strongest.   In that second response you make a prediction, generalize about a type of character (most kids like Brian), and support your opinion.  Nice job.  The rest are ok, but a bit too short for me to sink my teeth into.  The 4th one is on the stronger side too.  Response #3 seems too plot "summarish".

Marlene - 5/5 Responses 
Dudette, you've come roaring back.  After Pahlahniuk I thought you were a lost cause.  Seems Laurie Halse Anderson suited you better.  Now, we need to work on the quality of your responses.  Your job is not to summarize, but to analyze/respond.  Look to the list of questions I handed out for help.

Sara - 5/5 Responses
I think I remember hearing about that (regarding your last response).  I know he was almost killed while walking one time, but I think I also heard about that accident too.  Freaky.  I'm not too familiar with the book you read.  I've read other King and enjoyed him (The Stand and Cujo).  



No comments: