Thursday, April 10, 2008

Subliminal messaging: before the search

About 2 years ago I recognized what 'subliminal messages' were. A friend had showed me
that a few songs that i knew played backwards, had a whole new meaning. I thought it was creepy because the message was so detailed that I don't think it could have ever been a
coincidence. I think that this is an interesting topic because it is rarely ever talked about.
I don't really know much about the topic of subliminal messages but i know that they can
be found in music, movies, magazines, commercials, and other ways of advertising. I have heard
that the messages are not supposed to be recognizable to the conscious mind. The messages are
everywhere but most people don't even realize it.
There are alot of things that i want to know about subliminal messaging. I want to know
where the idea of it all had originated. Is it legal to do? Do people recognize them when they see
them? Are some of them purely incidental? But the main question i am looking to answer is 'Does subliminal messaging affect people?

No comments: