Thursday, December 6, 2007

From A Buick 8 pages 151-172

So far my book is pretty interesting but at times it also makes you uncomfortable. In a part of the story the narrator relates to the smell of something they are dissecting, to when the police have to report to road accidents. He describes the similarity as the smell of blood and busted guts, bones bursting through pants and shirts, heads twisted halfway around the neck (but still talking and screaming).
Police have to see this type of stuff all the time and yet they still go on helping people and putting their life on the line. Its something I've never thought about before. It makes you aware of all the things they do so that we don't have to witness horrors like that. My best friend is trying to become a buffalo cop and it bothers me because seeing things like that will mess you up, or at least i know i would be. Reading a book with reference to being in a police force made me aware of this. Although nobody likes the police because they do there job and give us speeding tickets, i think they deserve a little more credit for the things they have to deal with.

personal response/reactions bullet 1

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Ummm...Sara...my goosebumps just got goosebumps. Disgusting. I agree with police deserving more credit, but I think that disrespecting or suspecting police is more of a teen/early 20's thing. I think once you become a law abiding sensible adult, you kind of see things differently, lol.